Christmas Cramming Tips
Guide to your Holiday Smart Shopping
Compiled Christmas shopping suggestions and last minute look out.
- Browse and shop online. Be sure to purchase only from reliable and trusted group buying websites.
- Gift certificates (GCs) or gift cards are perfect for anyone, the less you think the better for the receiver.
- Write down your list on a little white paper, planning is the key to make a simple task be done in less than an hour, divide it by gender and age.
- Get in the shopping mall early to avoid the flow of traffic both inside the mall and outside the road.
- For those unconventional shops after the Christmas rush (say December 26 onwards) some shops went on sale and gave discounts. Give Christmas presents on January 1, in any way, Christmas in the Philippines lasts until January 2 or more.
- Food gift baskets or pre-packed gifts are a little costly if you were to give a number of heads, but it saves time and effort.
- Save on dainty Christmas wraps. Use recycled paper bags or brown bags instead.
- Keep a handful of (extra) generic gifts for those surprise guests or the one you forget.
- Do away with plastic toys (tagged with harmful chemicals), there are educational and fun items you can give to your “inaanaks”. Consider wooden toys, books , DIY items, or apparel.
- Plants are great to give as you remind your receiver to care more for the environment. Or if they are pet lovers, why not give something that the pets could use personally. Think of what your loved ones and friends are inclined to do with their hobbies and likes.
…to be continued
DeiVille.com, created by Green Dei (Daryll Villena)
Write us at deiville.com(@)gmail(dot)com for tips on digital branding , entrepreneurship, consumerism, parenting, health talk, women talk, Pinoy travels and Manila lifestyle.
I’d love to know what you think about this post. Feel free to leave your comment.
I do reply to each of your messages or questions so please come back if you’ve left one.
Disclosure: DeiVille receives products in order to conduct reviews. No monetary compensation was provided unless noted otherwise. All opinions are 100% my own. Some posts may contain web links in exchange for payment. In the event of a giveaway, the sponsor is responsible for delivery of the prize, unless otherwise noted in the posting. I only recommend, discuss, or introduce products/services/businesses I personally use and believe will be a good fit for my readers.