Where to buy stylish face masks in Manila via online
Tips for would-be face mask wearers
A list of recommended online shops in Manila that sells stylish face masks to wear for the new normal
And the also the worst purchase so far.
Given the prevalence of the new normal, face mask functionality is just as important item must haves as we go through global COVID-19 pandemic. As required by Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-MEID), people should wear masks when going out in public places.
“The best face masks for civilians to wear are made of cloth. Leave the surgical masks and N95s for the healthcare professionals and essential workers. Besides, designers have been in the fabric-mask game for a long time.” (Vogue)
Small businesses have stepped up by creating locally-made reusable and washable cloth face mask that serves its purpose, in just about every style you can imagine. Designed with ear loops, adjustable strap, snug fit, and provisions for filter sheets. It looks like we’re going to be wearing cloth face masks for a while, which is all the more reason to find one that tune in with your lifestyle. For added protection, you can place a surgical mask inside your cloth mask.
We’ve rounded up some of Manila’s local brand face masks, from two-toned, some neutrals, some pastels, summer look, abstract to floral prints and the aesthetic sense. Check out these online shops if you’re looking for reusable face masks:
All products featured on DeiVille are independently selected by our editors. However, when you buy something through our retail links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
For online orders: https://shopee.ph/dspmanila
“Washable facemask, designed to protect and to fit your style choices”
“Live the moment, occasion wear”
“Washable, reversible, filtered and locally made
“Honest, ethical and handmade”
“Designed for your journey”
Cassey Little Tots
“Cute and affordable face masks”
La Mama Manila
Motifs and Memories
Face Mask Manila
“Siliconewith replaceable filters
Tips for would-be face mask wearers
- Mask protection efficiency. KN95, surgical mask, and FFP1 masks are the ones that gives the strongest protection. When going to crowded environment make sure to wear one of these instead of the plain cloth mask. Cloth mask served its purpose if accompanied with filters and the raw material used. Cloth mask is safe to wear in occasions with less contact with people.
- Right FIT. Fit measurement is not readily available when purchasing face mask. Some mask makers create a model with strap/loop adjustments. Some sellers include fit measurement information on product description. Pay close attention if the mask is not sealed or set properly onto your face, chances are, loose mask will not protect against fine particles and is less comfortable.
- Wear it tight. Face mask should not be touched by bare hands when you are already outside, otherwise it’s prone to contamination. Under any circumstances, do not allow your face mask to continually fall below the nose area or stays around the chin. Wear your face mask with comfort and strap it really tight.
- Avoid lipstick. Cheap lip colors have high chemical concentrate (same goes with the luxe brands) and could pose danger to your. Choose lipstick that are safe for everyday use. “Trapped heat, humidity from mouth breathing and friction from the mask can irritate delicate lips. It’s also very difficult to reapply lip balm frequently under a mask and you may also be less inclined to keep up drinking fluids. This can all add up to exceptionally dry, cracked lips. It’s vital to find a long-lasting lip product that stays put and performs barrier repair.” (Dr. Sam Bunting). Ideally, use a stick or wand formula rather than a pot so you don’t need to put your finger in and increase the risk of germ spreading. “Whether you choose a disposable paper mask or a washable mask or a fancy cloth scarf mask to cover your face from nose down, the messy result is the same: smears on the mask, smears all around the mouth and face.” (Puente, M. 2020) This pandemic, lipsticks took a deep plunge. Practicality-wise, consumers dive into products that contain less inconvenience to deal with. Rather than lipstick, some chose smudge-proof lipsticks, lip balms, lip pencils, lip tint hydrating balm, or tinted balm. Some focus on applying eye-shadows and tints to highlight the upper section of the face while wearing the face mask on.
- Do not buy from scalpers. Online sellers are rampant and offer unrealistic jack up price. If you spot face mask sellers with higher suggested retail price, widened your options and look for the best price that suits your budget.
- Keep it clean. When going outside, our personal habit is to bring extra face mask sealed in a clean zip lock, carry pouches, or small drawstring bag. Do not keep your face mask JUST inside the bag. The bottom part of the handbag is usually the dirtiest.
- Pair with small-framed sunglasses/eyeglasses. The purpose of wearing eye protection glass/goggles/face shield is to avoid scratching your eye/face. Specifically to keep away from air borne virus and droplets. Make sure your face mask is sit high and sealed around the bridge of your nose and fit tight so that the moist won’t get through the eyeglass.
- Communicate with your eyes. Practice to convey your message through your eyes. A glow in your eyes will show your smile and responses. There’s an age-old saying the “eyes are the window to the soul” and in many ways it holds true. There are other ways to show respect, but our eyes reflect our sincerity, warmth, and honesty. “Eye contact is a type of body language that is extremely important during communication and conversation. Sometimes, our eyes and body language speak even more than words. Keeping eye contact with the person you are talking to shows that you are actively listening and paying attention.” (Liam. 2019)
Worst purchase so far. We have our ups and downs when ordering face masks online. What face mask not to order online? Beware of Lazada sellers based in China, they create different accounts, once the negative reviews came in from their customers. The problem with this kind of sellers are: deceitful branding. They used aesthetic images with false product description. As far as Lazada is concern, we don’t know why they allow such sellers well in fact they follow strict procedures to validate and approved their merchants.
After a week. We’ve found another face mask, purchase from Lazada (from China shipment), the set cost around less P400 including the shipping fee. Ordering from Lazada is like a trial and error, love-hate relationship. (*wink) Keep it at bare minimum.
Spellings, S. (edited 2020, July 17). Retrieve May 31, 2020 from Vogue: https://www.vogue.com/slideshow/stylish-face-masks-to-shop-now
Gorman, A. (2020, January 13). Retrieve May 31, 2020 from The Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/2020/jan/13/fashionable-face-masks-trying-to-make-something-horrific-seem-appealing
Liam (2019, February 27). Retrieve May 31, 2020, from Brandastic:https://brandastic.com/blog/why-eye-contact-is-important/
Schulz, J. (2012, November 28). Retrieve May 31, 2020 from Michigan State University Extension: https://www.canr.msu.edu/news/eye_contact_an_introduction_to_its_role_in_communication
Puente, M. (2020, July 2). Retrieve July 24, 2020 from USA Today: https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/celebrities/2020/07/02/pandemic-face-masks-wipe-away-joys-lipstick-forever/3259218001/
Updated as of July 24, 2020.
DeiVille.com, created by Green Dei (Daryll Villena)
Write us at deiville.com(@)gmail(dot)com for tips on entrepreneurship, consumerism, parenting, health talk, digital branding, women talk, Pinoy travels and Manila lifestyle.
I’d love to know what you think about this post. Feel free to leave your comment.
I do reply to each of your messages or questions so please come back if you’ve left one.
Disclosure: DeiVille receives products in order to conduct reviews. No monetary compensation was provided unless noted otherwise. All opinions are 100% my own. Some posts may contain web links in exchange for payment. In the event of a giveaway, the sponsor is responsible for delivery of the prize, unless otherwise noted in the posting. I only recommend, discuss, or introduce products/services/businesses I personally use and believe will be a good fit for my readers.