5 Tips by Proactiv’s newest celebrity spokesperson: Alex Gonzaga
As an actress, comedienne and TV host, it is part of Alex Gonzaga’s job to take good care of herself, especially her skin. Being on the limelight, her face has to be camera-ready at all times.
Maintaining a clear and radiant skin is a lot of work and the 27-year old knows she needs to keep an eye on her overall lifestyle to do this. From what she eats to what she does off-cam, Alex walks us through her hacks to acne-free skin:
1. A good night’s sleep is key “Sleep helps the skin recover after a long tiring day so I make sure I get enough rest every night,” she explains. Stress causes sebaceous glands produce more oil and make skin extra oily leading to formation of acne. Getting at least 7-8 hours of sleep every night has been proven reduce one’s stress level.
2. I chug lots of water
Increasing the amount of water you drink is a great way to flush out internal toxins and hydrate your skin from the inside out.
Alex shares she always keeps a bottle of water on standby to keep her hydrated during long hours of shoot.
3. Exercise is good for blood circulation
Physical activity cuts stress which may contribute to acne. Improved blood circulation helps the skin by sending more oxygen to your skin cells and carrying the cell wastes away. “I do pilates regularly. It is fun and a great way to relieve stress,” Alex adds.
4. Sleeping with makeup on is a big no-no
No matter how tired she is after a long day at the set, Alex religiously takes time to remove all traces of makeup from her face to make sure her pores are not clogged with sweat, dust, and dirt.
5. Invest in over-the-counter product
“Proactiv has always been part of my beauty regimen for six years. Its specially-formulated ingredients help treat and prevent acne so I won’t have to deal with it,” Alex shares.
Alex swears by Proactiv, the leading anti-acne treatment product which is safe and effective for almost everyone.
Composed of the complete 3-Step System to knock out acne, Proactiv is very easy to use.
Step 1 is the Renewing Cleanser, an oil-free, soap-free medicated exfoliating cleanser that kills acne-causing bacteria with U.S. prescription-grade benzoyl peroxide.
Step 2 is the Revitalizing Toner, a refreshing alcohol-free toner that refines and purifies pores.
Step 3 is the Repairing Treatment, a feather-light, invisible medicated treatment that kills acne-causing bacteria.
Every Proactiv kit comes with a free Proactiv Refining Mask, a rich, deep-cleansing mask formulated with sulfur, a proven acne- fighting ingredient that reaches deep into the pores where blemishes begin.
“Proactiv requires less than five minutes a day. It’s convenient and it works,” shares Alex.
Take it from the celebrity. These beauty hacks are your sure way to a smooth and acne-free skin just like Alex’s.
DeiVille’s Beauty Hacks on skin care tips
1. Invest in non-comedogenic make-ups and facial products. Stay away from brands with too much fragrance and alcohol content, these ingredients may be harsh to you skin type and block skin pores.
2. Exfoliate once a week to get rid of dead skin and acne-causing excessive oils. Proactiv’s Renewing Cleanser and Revitalizing Toner offers a pleasant skin treatment that targets the problem area.
3. Get the right amount of sleep from 10pm onwards, staying late causes body clock to work overtime. It could result to skin dehydration, skin aging; could also affect alertness and our body’s immune system.
4. Drink plenty of water and all-natural juices, we recently been doing our own “juicing” with the use of masticating (cold pressed) juicer. The health benefits of juice from fresh fruits and vegetables are one of the superfoods our body needs to fight free radicals.
5. Exercise even when your watching TV, you can do stretching, sit-ups or jogging in place while you watch. Body movement is important to keep blood circulation and mind clarity.
DeiVille.com, created by Green Dei (Daryll Villena)
Write us at darylldial(@)gmail(dot)com for tips on entrepreneurship, consumerism, digital marketing, social media scenes and SEO.
If you find this post helpful, informative or entertaining, feel free to SHARE it.
Get instant updates from deiville.com on: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Google + | Pinterest
I’d love to know what you think about this post. Feel free to leave your comment.
I do reply to each of your messages or questions so please come back if you’ve left one.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post and deiville.com blog did receive compensation for review and sharing this post. Regardless, all opinions are my own and sourced from Proactiv Solution Philippines; may or may not differ from yours. I only recommend, discuss or introduce my reader to products/services/businesses I would or do use myself
A social media practitioner and digital branding specialist with an alter ego of “Green Dei” in the digital arena, she curates page for entrepreneurship, creatives and community. Daryll Villena is the Chief Editor and creator of DeiVille, Foodamn Philippines, Public Toilet Philippines, and Storytelling Philippines. Connect with her on Instagram via @greendei and on Twitter @greendei for useful tips on digital branding, entrepreneurship, consumerism, parenting, health talk, women talk, Pinoy travels and Manila lifestyle. For collaborations and proposals email her at deiville.com(@)gmail(dot)com