The Mind Museum pre-launched with Minds at Work
This is a sponsored post.
Minds at Work is a preview of the Mind Museum, an RSVP event for the 1st exhibit testing of the world-class science museum. Held last May 25-26 2011 at the NBC Tent, Bonifacio Global City.
- The Museum tapped the voluntary services of some of the top universities of the country like University of the Philippines, Ateneo de Manila and University of Santo Tomas.
- They hired an Archeologist from France – outright from the start of the exhibit pieces before finalizing the fabrication.
- The museum has 25 in-house scientists, 15 company fabricators, 50 designers and a number of volunteers gathered together to come up with the first world class science museum.
- The Philippines was the only Asian country left without a high-end science museum.
- The Planetarium section of the museum was sponsored by Uratex, interior design is made up of foamy material structured like a moon craters where every viewer can lay down from each craters while gazing above the featured story.
- The museum will feature 250 group exhibits, with 5 state-of-the-art galleries and a 4-part science outdoor park.
- The 1st exhibit testing displayed a roving inflatable planetarium, the museum actually uses it for Planetarium experience/demonstration for public schools around the city.
- The construction of the museum is on its 55% completion, hence they still need the donation and sponsorships of everybody to be able to come up with a 1Billion project budget.
- The Mind Museum is a non-stock, non-profit organization established by Bonifacio Art Foundation, Inc. [BAFI]
- The Mind Museum is scheduled for soft opening on the 15th of December 2011.
- Entrance Rates are still under evaluation and there will be subsidized rates for public schools.
|L-R: Den Marco of http://marco-adventure.blogspot.com/
the author Daryll Villena
Liz Dee of http://wordyliz.com/
Rona Beltran of http://iampinay.com/ and
Tristan Mirasol of http://www.tenminutestops.com/
DeiVille.com, created by Green Dei (Daryll Villena)
Write us at deiville.com(at)gmail(dot)com for tips on digital branding , entrepreneurship, consumerism, parenting, health talk, women talk, Pinoy travels and Manila lifestyle.
I’d love to know what you think about this post. Feel free to leave your comment.
I do reply to each of your messages or questions so please come back if you’ve left one.
Disclosure: DeiVille receives products in order to conduct reviews. No monetary compensation was provided unless noted otherwise. All opinions are 100% my own. Some posts may contain web links in exchange for payment. In the event of a giveaway, the sponsor is responsible for delivery of the prize, unless otherwise noted in the posting. I only recommend, discuss, or introduce products/services/businesses I personally use and believe will be a good fit for my readers.