Quezon City: La Mesa Ecopark
Philippine Landmarks and Heritages
The La Mesa Ecopark was only a mere 10-minutes drive away from our residence and yet we only get to visit the park only this last April. The place being an ecopark is packed with fresh air and greens all over.
Quoted from La Mesa Ecopark:
“The La Mesa Ecopark is a 33-hectare property jointly adjacent with the 2,700 hectare-area of our La Mesa Watershed, which for all of us to know, is the only reservoir that supplies the potable water of Metro Manila. Mind you, it does not only supply our drinkable water but it also cleans the air we breathe, that’s why we call it the LUNGS OF METRO MANILA. Moreover, this serves a vital function for life survival of the people in the city capital of the Philippines. The La Mesa Ecopark is a collaborative project among the MWSS (Metropolitan Waterworks and Sewerage System), the local government of Quezon City and the ABS-CBN Foundation, Inc. through its Bantay Kalikasan Program”.
What’s good about it is the park is open even on holidays, except on December 25 and 31. La Mesa Ecopark is open daily from 8:00 a.m to 5:00 p.m. Although in rare cases, park may be closed without prior notice due to severe inclement weather.
Park admission rates:
- Persons above 3ft. PhP 50 / 3ft. and below is FREE
- Quezon City Residents [with valid proof of residence] PhP 40
- Quezon City Students [with valid ID] PhP 20
- Quezon City Senior Citizens [with valid ID] FREE
- Non-Quezon City Senior Citizens PhP 40
Families and groups of adventurers will enjoy various outdoor activities. Facilities available are:
- Lopez Picnic Grounds – 5 hectares for picnic spots
- Salt Water Swimming Pool – the only salt water open to the public, where salt granules are used instead of chlorine making the water safer & less toxic.
- Superferry Boating Lagoon – enjoy a paddle boat ride similar to what Baguio’s Burnham Park has offered.
- Fishing Lagoon – a popular activity in a park
- Petron Fitness & Mountain Bike Trail – the fitness trail has 17 exercises stations & connects to a forested 1.2km mountain back trail.
- Shell Flower Terraces – the dam’s wall of the reservoir set in 2 hectares of flower terraces.
- Ecomuseum – a museum dedicated to environmental education & biodiversity conservation.
- Butterfly Trail & Hatchery – an educational walk through the wonderful world of butterflies.
- Overnight camping facilities
- Pavilions & Function rooms fore rent
- Soon to come! – Adventure Zone Team Building Facility & Mini-Golf Course
|the ecopark serves as a venue for pre-nuptial photoshoots |
Amenities & Fees:
- Swimming: above 3ft PhP 80 / below 3ft PhP 40
- Horseback riding PhP 50 single / PhP 80 calesa
- Bike rental PhP 60 to 80 per hour
- Wall climb PhP 50 per person
- Repelling PhP 50 per person
- Zipline/Slide for Life PhP 100 per person
- Paintball rental PhP 350 per person [with gear + 50 bullets] and/or PhP 500 per person [with gear + 100 bullets]
For more information on Tour Packages inquiries, Rental Services and Reservations, visit http://www.lamesaecopark.com/reservation.php
By visiting La Mesa Ecopark, each visitor has already participate in saving the La Mesa Watershed. Currently, you can donate as little as PhP 250 for the ecopark’s Adopt A Tree project. Your 250 is equivalent to 1 tree where you are entitled to a Bantay Kalikasan adoption certificate, naming rights and a free entrance to ecopark.
|on top of Petron Ampitheater |
|fresh buko juice for PhP 25 only|
La Mesa Ecopark
La Mesa Dam Compound
Greater Lagro, Quezon City 1118