Travel Guide: Accommodation, itinerary and places to see when planning a trip to Panglao, Bohol
Best Things to Do in Panglao, Bohol
This is NOT a sponsored post. All opinions are mine.
Unlike Boracay, Panglao Island’s beach front can still be considered unsaturated by big crowds. These unspoiled beaches with plenty of rooms to bask in the sun, play in the milky white sand is one of the must visit destination. When you have zero ideas how to roam the town, before your travel, we suggest to create your DIY itineraries writing down your priority list of must-see places that is if say you’re staying on a tight schedule. Practically most beach resorts and hotels have arranged travel tour groups that offers package rates depending on the tourist spots of your choice. They will let you choose the preferred destinations, the package normally fits big groups or large size family. A standard package rates for a group of five (5) starts at PHP3,500 ($70) to PHP5,000 ($100) includes a one (1) day trip to Man-made Forest, Chocolate Hills, Tarsier Conservatory Center, Bamboo Hanging Bridge, Loboc River Cruise, Butterfly Conservatory Center, Baclayon Church, and Blood Compact statue. The package also includes snacks for everyone normally an individually-packed pastry and bottled water. The door/entrance fees of these tourist spots and Loboc Cruise and Floating Restaurants charges are excluded from the package tour. The charges are minimal ranging from PHP20 to PHP50 ($1), while the Loboc River Cruise with lunch buffet charges a standard fee of PHP450.00. Discounts are given to senior citizens and children. Full rates are mentioned below about “The Loboc River Cruise and Floating Restaurant rates.” Best things to do in Panglao, Bohol aside from vitamin sea are located on the other side of Tagbilaran City (Bohol’s city capital). Explore the towns of Carmen, Bilar, or engage in island hopping adventure.
Panglao Island. Bolod town particularly is the home for white sands where two of the best hotels like the South Palms Resort Panglao (former Bohol Beach Club’s area) and the Bohol Beach Club accommodation just right beside the Dumaluan Beach Resort. These resorts embraced one of the best beach front — clean, clear, serene, totally undisturbed ocean waters. Activities include aqua sports like glass bottom boat ride, banana boat, pedal bikes, kayaking, snorkeling, fish feeding, windsurfing, speed boat and outrigger boat rental, swimming with whale sharks, dolphin sightseeing and diving services. Food trips from these establishment are worth trying.
Travel Food Guide: What to Eat in Panglao Bohol.
A Food Trip Discovery with Bohol Beach Club, South Palms Resort Panglao, and Dumaluan Beach Resort, The Bamboo Hanging Bridge, and Loboc River Cruise and Floating Restaurant
Explore Bohol dive sites. In Panglao Island, several dive sites are situated at:
Bohol Beach Club Resort
Around Pamilacan Island
This point is a dolphin watching area
Around Balicasag Island
And at Cabilao Island
Chocolate Hills in Carmen. Chocolate Hills Complex in Carmen, Bohol. Travel time is around 2 hours from the city.
When in Bohol. You’ve got to visit Bohol’s tarsiers, the smallest-monkey only found here in the Philippines. I believed there are two tarsier centers in Bohol. The one we visited was the Philippines Tarsier Sanctuary in Canapnapan, Corella, Bohol.
Join the water adventures. Pamilican Island is where you can experience Dolphin and Whale Watching. The typical package rates start at PHP2,500.00 to PHP5,000.00. Balicasag Island is a popular diving site in Panglao. Dive rates PHP1,500.00/pax.
Loboc Tourism Complex. Take a short cruise along Loboc while having Filipino cuisine lunch and entertainment from the locals. Once you hopped in, the food is in buffet setting with locals singing from your background as you sail along the Loboc river. That day we were served with pork barbeque, breaded chicken, fish fillet, buttered crab, ginisang monggo, kare-kare, pancit, fried dilis, seaweed ensalada, steamed vegetables, kuchinta, pica-pica, DIY vegetable salad, watermelons, bananas, and refreshments.
The Loboc River Cruise and Floating Restaurant rates:
Cruise: PHP 56.00
e-VAT: PHP 38.00
Cruise: PHP 56.00
e-VAT: PHP 30.00
MSS: PHP 80.00
Child (4 to 8 years old)
Cruise: PHP 56.00
Lunch: PHP 98.00
MSS: PHP 21.00
Child (9 to 11 years old)
Cruise: PHP 56.00
MSS: PHP 32.00
Check out www.lobocboholtourism.com
Bilar Man-made Forest. The narrow road access to and from Tagbilaran City to neighboring towns are surrounded by matured mahogany trees situated at the border of Loboc and Bilar towns. Travelers passes this route regularly when going to Carmen town – Chocolate Hills. It has become a picture-perfect spot for tourist. These trees are planted, nurtured through the efforts of the community to promote tree-planting. Through the years as the mahogany trees flourished with natural beauty, the locals and travelers appreciation of the path naturally became one of Bohol’s popular eco-tourism site.
Butterfly Conservation Center. A breeding and conservation program for butterfly species. The center also housed a small interactive museum for different kinds of live insects.
The Bamboo Hanging Bridge. Also, known as the Sipatan Twin Hanging Bridge located in Sevilla, Loboc, Bohol. It crosses the Sipatan river connected from the upper area of Loboc river. The hanging bridge was built using steel cables generally for safety and stability and with woven bamboos that served as the deck. Originally this 25-meters above the river foot-bridge is simply made of bamboo and ropes where locals can cross the river going to the other side of barangay. It is said the hanging bridge undergoes an annual maintenance to ensure its durability and public safety.
Learn loom weaving. The Tubigon Loom Weaving is a livelihood program for women weavers. Located in Pinayagan Norte, Tagbilaran. Loom weavers used the traditional weaving technique using hands and feet coordination. Hand-made weave by-products are on display for sale. Entrance fee PHP25.00
Join the Eco-tour adventures, heritage tours and recreation. Take note of the countless tourist spots, ecology tours, sight-seeing, and other group activities you can do in Bohol. These places are not to be missed for second timers once you visited the popular ones already. Take time to explore the unknown parts of Bohol province.
– Sinandigan Mangrove Reforestation in Sinandigan, Ubay, Bohol. Travel time is 2 hours and 30 minutes from Tagbilaran City
– Cambugay Healing Heals in San Pascual, Ubay, Bohol. Travel time is 2 hours and 30 minutes from Tagbilaran City
– Abatan River Community Life Tour in Cortes, Bohol. Travel time is 30 minutes from Tagbilaran City
– Cantijong Cave in Cansague, San Isidro, Bohol
– Ubay Stock Farm in Lumangog, Ubay, Bohol. Travel time is 2 hours and 30 minutes from Tagbilaran City
– Pangahog Twin Falls and Cavern in Guingoyuran, Dimiao, Bohol. Travel time is 1 hour and 30 minutes from Tagbilaran City
– Tree Planting for Legacy Experience Tour in Roxas, Bilar, Bohol. Travel time is 1 hour and 30 minutes from Tagbilaran City. PHP1,850.00 for 15 pax
– Maribojoc Organic Demo Farm in Saug Bayacabac, Maribojoc, Bohol. Travel time is 15 minutes from Tagbilaran City. Entrance PHP30.00
– Savima Mangrove Adventure Tour in San Vicente, Maribojoc, Bohol. Travel time is 15 minutes from Tagbilaran City. Entrance PHP50.00
– Loay Ironsmith Tour Experience in Villalimpia, Loay, Bohol. Travel time is 30 minutes from Tagbilaran City. Entrance FREE
– Punta Cruz Watch Tower in Punta Cruz, Maribojoc, Bohol. Travel time is 15 minutes from Tagbilaran City. Entrance PHP10.00
– Jagna Calamay Industry Tour in Can-upao, Jagna, Bohol. Travel time is 1 hour and 30 minutes from Tagbilaran City. Entrance PHP25.00
– Balay sa Humay Learning Experience Tour in Pob. Sur, Batuan, Bohol. Travel time is 1 hour from Tagbilaran City. Entrance PHP30.00
– Lamanoc Island Mystic Tour Experience in Badiang, Anda, Bohol. Travel time is 2 hours and 20 minutes from Tagbilaran City. Entrance PHP300.00
– Loon Built Heritage Tour in Napo, Loon, Bohol. Travel time is 40 minutes from Tagbilaran City. Entrance FREE
– Anda Quinale White Sand Beach in Poblacion, Anda, Bohol. Travel time is 2 hours and 20 minutes from Tagbilaran City. FREE
– Alburquerque Calamay Manufacture Tour in Ponong, Alburquerque, Bohol. Travel time is 20 minutes from Tagbilaran City. Entrance PHP25.00
– Clarin Ancestral House Experience Tour in Poblacion Ubos, Loay, Bohol. Travel time is 30 minutes from Tagbilaran City. Entrance PHP20.00
– Sikatuna Tree Park in Can-agong, Sikatuna, Bohol. Travel time is 20 minutes from Tagbilaran City. Entrance PHP10.00
– Mountain Bike Tours in Brgy. Road Valladolid, Loboc 6316 Bohol. Travel time is 45 minutes from Tagbilaran City. Fees PHP500.00 to PHP1,100.00
– Dumog Sans Bar in Tubigon, Bohol.
– Ingkumhan Falls Thrill and Excitement in Bargy. Bauhugan, Dimiao, Bohol. Travel by habal habal motor or 4-wheel drive until Brgy. Multi-Purpose Center. Entrance PHP25.00
– Stand Up Paddling Eco Adventurein Brgy. Road Valladolid, Loboc 6316 Bohol. Travel time is 45 minutes from Tagbilaran City. Fees PHP800.00 to PHP2,350.00
– Lumayog Sandbar in Brgy. Baybayon, Mabini, Bohol. Travel time is 2-3 hours from Tagbilaran City.
– Ondoy’s Learning Farm
– Duroy’s Learning Farm in Dat-an, Katipunan, Carmen, Bohol
– Cambuhat River Village Tour and Oyster Farm in Brgy. Cambuhat, Buenavista, Bohol Travel time is 2 hours from Tagbilaran City. Entrance PHP300.00
– Tribu Eskaya Learning Tour in Taytay, Duero, Bohol. Travel time is 2 hours from Tagbilaran City. Entrance PHP20.00
– Can-Umantad Falls in Brgy. Can-Umantad, Candijay, Bohol. Travel time is 2 hours and 30 minutes from Tagbilaran City. Entrance PHP10.00 local tourist; PHP5.00 children; PHP20 foreign tourist
– Canawa Cold Spring in Brgy. Canawa, Candijay, Bohol. Travel time is 2 hours and 30 minutes from Tagbilaran City. Entrance PHP10.00 local tourist; PHP5.00 children; PHP20 foreign tourist
– Cadapdapan Rice Terraces in Brgy. Cadapdapan, Candijay, Bohol. Travel time is 2 hours and 30 minutes from Tagbilaran City. Entrance FREE
– Firefly Kayaking Experience Tour in Lincod, Maribojoc, Bohol. Travel time is 20 minutes from Tagbilaran City. Fees PHP1,950.00/pax
– Hinagdanan Cave in Bingag, Dauis, Bohol. Entrance PHP25.00
– All-Terrain Vehicle (ATV) Eco-Adventure Tour in Buenos Aires, Carmen, Bohol. Travel time is 2 hours from Tagbilaran City. Entrance PHP200.00
– Cabgan Island Bat Watching and Mangrove in Macaas, Tubigon, Bohol. Travel time is 1 hour from Tagbilaran City. Entrance PHP850.00/pax
Bring home exotic Bohol goodies. Number one from the list are the exotic chichaworms, what are these? They are cultured super worms feed with organic foods like fresh fruits and vegetable. How do they taste? These cuties are flavored with sugar, salt, and chili powder. A pack of chichaworm is rich in protein. You can buy them at Loboc. Special Calamay with Peanut in bao from Jagna, Bohol.
Where to buy “pasalubong?” Once you crossed the Sevilla hanging bridge, the pasalubong vendors offer affordable tarsier designed ref magnets, key chains, shirt, hair accessories, sling bags, native hats, caps, native bags, all in with loveable tarsier eye enhanced character. Peanut kisses, tableya and our favorite item the Bohol walis tambo (broomstick). Don’t buy trinkets at Tarsier Breeding area, they are ridiculously priced.
Book your flights in advance to get discounts from the airline of your choice. For hotel or resort accommodation, try to compare for the best price from direct hotel websites versus the travel booking sites. Most of the time, we find it more convenient to book direct from the hotel or resort. The minute you arrived from Tagbilaran Airport, keep the hotel’s contact number within your reach. An arranged pick-up transportation is provided by the hotel; it’ll be a less-worry vacation.
DeiVille.com, created by Green Dei (Daryll Villena)
Write us at deiville.com(@)gmail(dot)com for tips on entrepreneurship, consumerism, parenting, health talk, digital branding, women talk, Pinoy travels and Manila lifestyle.
I’d love to know what you think about this post. Feel free to leave your comment.
I do reply to each of your messages or questions so please come back if you’ve left one.
Disclosure: DeiVille receives products in order to conduct reviews. No monetary compensation was provided unless noted otherwise. All opinions are 100% my own. Some posts may contain web links in exchange for payment. In the event of a giveaway, the sponsor is responsible for delivery of the prize, unless otherwise noted in the posting. I only recommend, discuss, or introduce products/services/businesses I personally use and believe will be a good fit for my readers.